Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cadet Sawina - AS300

After one of the proudest moments in my cadet career graduating from Field Training and getting Iron Woman I was right back into school to start the next school year. This time as a member of the Professional Officer Course (POC).  My first position in the Wing was as a trainer for the Field Training Preparation flight.  This was a very rewarding experience being able to positively influence and help the AS200 class in their development. I was able to watch the cadets grow and learn from their mistakes and give them the tips and tricks I have learned along the way.

My second position was as Physical Training Commander, my job was to plan and execute the physical training twice a week to the Wing. The experience was unique in the fact that even though I was not part of wing staff, during PT I was the one in charge of the entire wing.

It’s a whole new experience being on the other side and having cadets looking up to you for advice or guidance, one that each member of my class has stepped into this year to continue their development as a leader.  The 300 class has become closer than ever this year as we faced that transition, assisting each other in one way or another along the way and the countless weekends we spend together.  We used to be a flight of GMC cadets always together to perform a task. But this year we got assigned individual tasks as leaders. We had to realize that even though we are not IN the same flight or squadron we still ARE a flight and help each other with tasks that are not always our job. We have come a long way in terms of becoming a team since our freshman year. We have made many friends along the way that have not been able to continue on with our class or the program.  However, since the 300 class size has now become a constant until we commission we know exactly who we have as our wingman and can count on each person in our class for anything.

Our class next year will be transitioning to the Executive staff level, of positions such as Wing and Group commanders. My class and I are hoping to continue what the current AS400s have started and finish out our time as Cadets here leaving a legacy to follow.  I couldn’t ask for a better group of Cadets to share this year with and I am looking forward to what the future will hold for the class of 2015 in our final year together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment